We, as all HVAC companies, recommend having a Precision Tune Up performed on your heating and cooling units every year. Below you will find a list of reasons why having this done is not only good for the longevity of your system, but also your pocketbook. We offer 1-3 year, low cost maintenance agreements for one or more systems. Feel free to email or call for more information.
Why Precision Tune Ups are Important?
- Validates your current warranty and/or extended warranty. Most manufacturer and extended warranties can become voided or deny coverage if the equipment is not regularly maintained by a licensed HVAC professional.
- Increases the health and safety of those living in your home. Your furnace is a fossil fuel burning piece of equipment. When fossil fuels, such as natural gas, propane or oil are burned they omit combustion gases. These omissions contain harmful gases like: carbon monoxide, methane, VOC’s and small amounts of sulfur dioxide (very cursive). Your furnace is designed to properly exhaust these gases outside and NOT in your home. Unfortunately this design can become compromised, like for instance when your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. A small crack in the heat exchanger will allow harmful combustion gases to leak out of the equipment and into the home. Inspecting the heat exchanger is one of many diagnostics tests performed during your tune-up.
- Decreases the chance of a break down, greatly. Systems tend to break when they are working the hardest. An example would be: a major holiday when you are hosting a house full of people. When doors are opening and closing on a cold day your furnace has to work harder to maintain the indoor temperature. This increase in run time enhances the probability for system failure. According to Illinois Cooperative Extension Service, 9 out of 10 heating and cooling system failures are a result of dirt and/or dust build up.
- Increases the longevity of your system. According to Department of Energy, “proper maintenance extends the life of your furnace or boiler and saves you money”. The longer you can keep your system running at optimum performance, the more money you keep in your pocket! FYI: The average furnace replacement can range from $3,000.00 – $10,000.00! **price varies greatly depending on size of home, efficiency and location.
- Keeps your energy cost down. According to Energy Star.gov 46% of the cost for the average 3,000 sq. ft. single-family home’s utility bill derives from its heating and cooling system. Keeping your equipment maintained keeps your equipment running at its optimum capacity and therefore prevents a spike or increase to your utility bill that a poorly running HVAC system may cause.